Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wednesday's Herb -- Cinnamon


Cinnamon, Cinnamon, Cinnamon

I love Cinnamon and use it daily. I tap a little of the ground Cinnamon in my coffee every morning or on my blueberry waffles, or in my oatmeal.
Why...

Well years ago, they ( doctors) wanted to put me on medicine for my cholesterol.  Now take in to effect when I say years ago, I'm talking about 20 years ago, when I was in my twenties.
Of course I said...go blow 

there was no way I was going on cholesterol medicine at twenty-something years old.
So I looked for a solution.
CINNAMON

Cinnamon is known to lower cholesterol, and I have to say it's been working for me for 20 years. The last time I had my blood work done, I was right on target. YAY ME

From what I understand it also helps with type 2 diabetes and blood sugar. 
There is a chemical in Cinnamon which has also been known to help with menstrual, and arthritis pain.
It's a NATURAL food preservative and has anti-infectious compounds.

So yeah, I like my Cinnamon.

This information is solely for informational purposes. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE.
As always, please consult your physician before using anything.


No comments: