Sunday, August 31, 2014

Writers Supporting Writers

SSRA

Yesterday was a great day indeed! I had the pleasure of being a guest at one of the The Sunshine State Romance Authors monthly meetings. 

The program was on Effective Dialogue given by Author Anna Small. Hey I don't know about you but I can always use tips, help and support for my writing. 




It's nervous enough being a first time attender and with those of us with a little anxiety it doubles, LOL.

But the warmth, happiness and over all atmosphere of being with these writers, was absolutely fabulous!!
I found a lot of support and loved being welcomed with open arms and smiles. 

There was even a gift give away at the end of the program. 
I was one of the drawn names!!!! *Squeal*
(I never win anything! so it was very exciting!)
I won a book written by Jessica Nelson

And I will be reading it, after my grandmother. 
for you see, I went to see her after the program. She is 89 years old and is recovering from a stroke. She asked if she could read it when I proudly displayed my winnings  and I never, ever say no to her.  She's just to important in my life.

So, yes, I will be returning to visit these awesome authors again. I'm looking forward to a membership with The Sunshine State Romance Authors and renewing my membership with RWA. 

Sometimes the writer can lead a solitary life. It's good to know there are others out there who know what you're going through and who support you and your career, because they are living it as well.

THANKS SSRA for a great time and learning adventure!!!


#sunshinestateromanceauthors





** All rights to the SSRA logo and name, and cover art for Love on the Range belong to the owners. **

No comments: