Sunday, July 5, 2015

To Series or Not to Series...


That is the question!
For me anyway.

I've completed a 20K+ word novella and it has all the markings of a series. 
But...and I've been sighing over this for 2 months now. Do I want to make it into a series or keep it as a single read? ???????????
Grrrrr Arrrrggg!!
I have two other plots already half formed (in my brain) but do I want to put them down to pen and paper -- AKA the computer, or do I want to brush them aside for the time being, go on to something else and maybe bring the plots back later in stories of their own, with no relation to the novella I finished? ????????????????
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The woes of an author!!


I know series are 'big' at the moment, so why not sit down and crunch two more novellas out? 
Series however take time in planning, and although I am a 'panster' (I write by the seat of my pants). There is some planning you have to do to make sure the series comes out right
Like all eye, hair colors are the same if character from book 1 is in book 3. Body types, mannerisms etc... 
Trust me as a reader when I sit down to read a series, I have noticed little inconsistencies, that have me grabbing the book before and reading it again to make sure I'm not losing my mind, that YES, her/his eyes were blue in the first one and now they're silver!
I'm anal that way LOL. 

So I'm thinking I need to sit down and really think this over, making a decision by the end of today!

Maybe I'll finish my office wall today and clean my office while I'm putting everything into place. After all there's nothing like having a clean work area to stimulate the mind.

Have a great day all!! 
Stay Spicy
C~




No comments: