Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day


My staff and I held a Mother's Day Brunch on Friday for our mom's.

I had one lady in her late 80's come up to me and ask if she could come, because she hadn't signed up.

I said, "Of course you can."
She then whispered. "But I never birthed any children, I helped raise my nieces, but I don't want to offend anyone."

I hugged her! Then told her it didn't matter. You don't have to birth children to be a Mom.

She hugged me back and was almost in tears when her neighbor came up and hugged her.
(We call them Thelma and Louise :-)  They are two hot tickets!!)
I then learned from her neighbor later on, that she not only helped raise her nieces, she raised three girls all by herself. 
LOVE HER!!


Hope all you mum's out there have a wonderful and safe Mother's Day!!


No comments: