Sunday, April 2, 2017

Recovering from a Loss


As I was driving home yesterday, I heard a voice. It was my auntie, saying. ‘Alright Cindy that’s enough.’

My auntie passed a little more than a month ago, and it really hit me hard. Then a medical issue with my son, where he lost consciousness in the doctor’s office, went down and hit his head. After three hours in the emergency room by ambulance, he’s ok, no concussions or anything to that nature.

The 10K they charged is another blog!😖

So needless to say, I’ve been OFF my A-game. I’ve felt overwhelmed and exhausted, even with my day job.

My auntie was never one to sit around.

So, it’s time to pick myself back up, dust off and pull up my big girl panties and get on the roll, or else she just might ‘Gibbs’ slap me on the back of the head, LOL.
                 (If you don't watch NCIS, you may not understand that, lol.)

Losing someone very close to you is not easy, no matter if it was sudden or an ongoing illness and for those with other medical issues, like depression, it can feel as though you’re sinking, struggling every day to reach the top and take a breath of air.

So, Yes, my auntie! I heard you! I love you and I’m regrouping!


To do list for today…

·      Finish edits for two short stories releasing in June - get back to editor (before she kicks my butt),
·      Blog (check),
·     Author Newsletter,
·     Calendar to organize my time between; day job, writing, RWA chapter items and personal.
·     Make meatloaf for my Hubs. 😊 He’s going to Omaha for the next few weeks with work.

2nd cup of coffee in front of me, I’m checking out for now to hit my to do list and as always --


Read Lots and Stay Spicy!!

C ~

💋

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Still listening to the Auntie - she's proud !!