Sunday, April 18, 2010

Men and Video Games

Ok, what's the deal anyway? Sure they're fun, but I grew out of video games when I hit 17. I mean we're talking about Star Wars, PacMan and Ms. PacMan, Asteriods, Donkey Kong...Oops, is that giving away my age, LOL...Ahh, who cares, I'll be 39 in May ;-)

I do have to admit, how far the graphics on the games have come. I'll sit and watch my teenage son or my boyfriend play. But sitting hours on end playing is just something I can't get into anymore.

Although, my son did have me sit and play Baukugan (If that's even spelled right?) on his XBox 360. Ok, so it was fun, and it lasted for all of thirty minutes. LOL. We had to finish getting him ready for his week of fieldtrip/roadtrip and adventure to North Carolina.

I'm guessing it's like my writing to me. I will sit for "hours on end" writing, editing, reading and that gives me enjoyment. And the both of them will sit and read for about an hour or before bedtime before they have to get moving.

I'd just make it known that video gameing happens on week nights, after school work, chores and dinner are done, but mostly on the weekends if outings aren't planned.

What are your thoughts on video games? Do you sit and play, watch or go do something else?

No comments: