Sunday, April 11, 2010

Eating light for the summer - Would you change your menu up?

With the warmer months upon us, I've decided to do something about the little complaint going around the house.
"I need to lose a few pounds."

So I've asked a friend of mine for several vegan receipes. Her look was commical!
"You Miss meat eater, the bloodier the better, wants vegan receipes?"

I said, who better than to ask than you.

It's not like I intend a full vegan menu, not only me but my men would never go for it. I all ready got "The Look" when I mentioned it, but I came back with..."You've been complaining too and it's only a few days a week and our big dinners slow down in the summer." The argument stopped there, LOL.

But I figure what's wrong with switching two or three meals out a week. Veggies are good for us, and besides, I don't like eating heavy meals in the summer time. You know those "comfort meals" good for a rainy or old day.
It's summer, it's hot and my belly rejects a lot of heavy stuff. OK so maybe it's all in the mind, but I have noticed in past years, that I do lose a few more punds in the summer. *YAY ME* right, LOL.
I'm also intending on building two raised beds, one for veggies and one for herbs. Not only for hte meals I intend to cook, but have you seen the prices in the stores lately? Holy Moly Batman! Talk about price gouging.

So I ask you, do you notice yourself eating lighter during the hot and humid months? Would you change up the menu a bit?

No comments: