Sunday, May 20, 2012

You need a Male & Female Squash ????


OK, so that was something I had no idea of when I purchased my zucchini and summer squash plants. This is my first year of trying to grow them and I couldn't figure out why my blooms weren't fruiting-up. You see my beautiful blooms up there, apparently those are "Male" squashes because the stem is stemmy and thin. If the stem looks like the 'fruit' then it's "Female" and you can pollinate your own plants by taking the male bloom, take off the lovely yellow flower petals and dust the female bloom with the male's pollen. 
This Erotic Romance Author just learned how to procreate squashes, LOL.
So now I guess I need to go find some females before all my blooms are gone. 


And here is my miniature dachshund, Elvis Juno guarding my peppers and rosemary. Actually he's looking for those loveable little lizards that are everywhere here in Florida. :-)  he likes to chase them. Although, every now and then I will catch him eating a Basil or Rosemary leaf. LOL.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!! Stay Happy and Keep Reading!!


C~

* All rights to the photo's above solely belong to C. A. Salo

No comments: