Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Give my dad a power tool and you'll make him happy. Growing up half the garage was wood working tools, the other half automotive. So I'm pretty verse in tools and what they do.

The only thing that made my dad angry was if you used his tools and didn't put them back. No leaving the hammer out on the back lawn because you decided to drag it out there for...something. 

Which dad's angry wasn't really angry -- until his ears went red, then you just ran like hell LOL. Trust me not one of us wanted to see that happen :-) 


My dad's the bestest dad in the whole wide world!! 
He's always been there for support, emotional and otherwise. Not that my dad is this some big talker, because he's not. But if you had a problem and told him, you listen to what he says. Because when he does talk, his words hold a whole lot of meaning.


We talk every Sunday (hey that's today!! YAY ME I get to talk to my daddy!!) and he always asks, how everything's going, how are the books doing, do you need anything. Yeppers, that's my dad.

I dedicated A Warrior's Longing to my dad, even though I told him not to read it, (Come on, that's my dad he can't be reading that stuff hehehe) But I let my mom, *scratching head* figure that one out. *Shrugs shoulders* Done, next... *Grins* I am working on one of my earlier writings, formatting, editing, revising, it's a historical western romance that I'm hoping to have finished before the year is up so I can get it out there to a publisher. I want my grandmother and my dad to read something I've written. :-)


The man is 67 years old and still works like crazy! He's lucky if he's home with my step-mom once a month. He travels everywhere with his company and works on or installs their machines. 


What I know to be fact though, is when he does retire, he won't do it fully. Nope, not my dad. He gets bored to easily. His idea of a day off once was to build a small bridge to go over the stream out back lol. Then one day he built up the well house, and then he decided to install a brand new fence around patio and pool on the side of the house. Ya, my dad doesn't know the meaning of sitting down, until a Nascar race or football game come on. :-)


I LOVE YOU DAD!!!!


I hope everyone out there has a wonderful day today!! Happy Sunday and happy reading!!


Here's a few quotes I found...

Any man can be a father.  It takes someone special to be a dad.  ~Author Unknown

One father is more than a hundred Schoolemasters.  ~George Herbert, Outlandish Proverbs, 1640

 There are three stages of a man's life:  He believes in Santa Claus, he doesn't believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus.  ~Author Unknown

C~



No comments: