Sunday, October 21, 2012

Newly Released - The Werewolf's Mate


WHISKEY CREEK PRESS TORRID

$4.99
Rating: Erotic Romance - Controversial

SWEETLY EXCITED!!!!
The Werewolf's Mate has been climbing the MF Romance list over at BOOKSTRAND
and is currently holding the 18th spot!! WOOT!!
Thank you Readers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betrayal and fright caused her to run. A threat to her home town lures her back.

Welcome to Alston, Maine. A place where different Other Kin species have lived in peace and thrived for centuries. However, there’s one major rule: if you leave and know of a threat to the town, you must come back in person to report all details.

Woodland Fairy Kalana Fairlawn ran when she thought her soul mate, and Lyken warrior, Drake Roven, had betrayed her on the night of their first mating, leaving her pregnant and vulnerable.

Nine years later darkness emerges that could threaten the existence of Alston and all the different Other Kin species who call it home.

~~

 Kalana had stayed hidden most of the day, but Olivia wanted to get out and Pappy wanted to take her through the trails of the forest as he’d done with her when she was Olivia’s age. That left Kalana in charge of the family store for the last hour or so.

Ten more minutes and it’s closing time. Kalana groaned when she heard the chimes of the front door signaling a customer.

“ I’ll be right there,” she called out as she leaned the broom against the wall. Heading to the front she stopped in her tracks when he turned, tingles of fear and excitement traveling through her veins. “Drake.” Her voice was a whisper to her ears, but his twitched as she met his gaze.

“ Kala— What the hell are you doing here?” A little more rough than intended. “Is this why you tried calling me two days ago? To let me know you were coming back?”

Dragging in a breath to her deprived lungs, Kalana started forward. “Well, maybe if you’d call back you’d know, wouldn’t you?” she spat out as she stepped behind the counter. Turning, she met his gaze. Now, she was angry.

“ You’re going to get pissy with me? I’m not the one who disappeared nine years ago. No word, no note, no kiss my ass, you just up and left.”

Her eyes lowered, bottom lip between her teeth. He was right. She was the one who’d done him wrong, she had no business being angry. “I’m sorry.”

“ Did your grandfather even know where you were?”

“ Sometimes. I spoke with him weekly but never told him everything.” Lifting her gaze to his, she noted the anger he’d held was gone. “Drake, I have to tell you something, something important.”

“ After nine years?”

“ Yeah, I…”

“ Why are you back, Kalana?” he asked as he folded his arms over his strong chest.

“ I-I have to talk to the council.”

Arms down, brows furrowed, he leaned forward. “Why?”

“ You know I can’t say, well not all of it anyway. We really need to talk.”

“ Right now, I’m worried about dinner. What’s left for the beef?”

The change of subject rattled her for a moment. “Ah, um, well there was one piece left, it’s a rib eye cut, about a pound.”

“ Was?”

“ It was close to closing so I thought to have it for dinner, it has pepper and garlic on it, so if that doesn’t bother you I can wrap it up and grab something else,” she said breathlessly as she met his unwavering gaze again.

“ If you wouldn’t mind. I need red meat and don’t feel like hunting it down or waking Manuse tonight because I’m out late.”

“ Manuse is still in charge of the kitchens?” Kalana twisted her hands at his unwavering gaze. “Ah, sure, be right back.” Moving quickly to the back area, she grabbed up the steak and started wrapping it. “Damn, this isn’t going good.” Shaking her hands out at her sides when they started trembling she stopped, took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “Okay, I can do this. Just tell him and get it over with. He can probably hear every word you’re saying but that’s alright.” Stepping into the store area again she lifted her eyes to his. He was so damn hot and masculine and so damn alpha, the only way he’d changed was for the better through maturity. He watched her as a predator would, except she wouldn’t become his next meal, either that or he was just really hungry for this steak. “I, um, really need to talk to you before I go to council.”

“ Fine, I’m here so spill,” he stated as he tossed a twenty on the counter.

“ It’s not a two-minute conversation, Drake, it’s…” Her eyes flew to the phone on his hip.

“ Drake…yeah, I’m on my way, five minutes.”

“ Drake.”

“ I have to go.”

“ It’s imperative that we talk before council,” she said as he headed for the door.

“ Is it for the safety of this town or my pack?”

“ No, but…”

“ Then it can wait. I have to go.”

“ You need to come back before I go to the council!”

Drake stopped and turned. “Why?”

“ Because I need to tell you something before I tell them.”

“ I’ll try, but we have an issue at the northern border.”

Oh damn! She just let him get away as he walked out the door.

No comments: