Sunday, February 22, 2015

Author Swag Bags - The Bag


The Bag ...

This was the bag I chose my 'swag' to go in for the writers workshop yesterday.

I chose it because I liked the colors. I liked how the black and gray went with the purple and there were little dots of the lime green, now the sides had the lime green as the back color instead of the purple.
And I chose the lime green tissue paper to go with the bag.

There were a lot of great bags there from more ornament to less and a few that had been specially made with the authors name, ect, from paper to fabric.
I LOVED them all!!!!

I think when picking a bag you have to go by what you like.
I was told once the best way to give a gift is to buy something you'd like to get and then give it away. 
Do I use this...sometimes. It depends on the person I'm gifting.
But, I had no idea who would be receiving my bag, so I went with what caught my eye and what I'd like to receive. 
Does it matter where you buy your bag ... I'm not thinking so.
I bought mine from K-Mart.
Yep, I said it, K-Mart.
And you know what ... another author chose the same bag as I (minus the tissue paper).
So I guess I didn't do such a bad job in choosing my bag.

Now what swag did I put in it ... well that's for next week 

But I will show you an update from last weeks blog about business cards and bookmarks.
I didn't have a chance to order bookmarks, so here's 
My business card...
Front ...
 I used my most recent cover, and added a short blurb.
Also, you'll see my web and blog site .com's
along with a tad bit more info.
NOW ... I did leave enough space for me to autograph, which I did before I inserted my 'swag' into the bag.
right under the blurb and above my website.
I know it doesn't look like much of a space, but there is.
I used a fine point permanent marker to sign due to the glossy front.


Back...
And here's the back. I had created the Mercenaries of Neris banner when the last book A Warrior's Longing came out. 
And as you'll also notice, I added some snippets of reviews.

Now, having the 'color back' added a few more bucks onto the overall price of the card, and I opted for the step up card stock.
I am very happy with the weight and overall appearance of the card.

Where did I order them you ask ... Vista Print.

I played with one on Zazzle and it looked awesome! The price was a bit higher for fewer cards and me being me asked my husband's opinion on both.
He liked the one I have now. 

Hope this helped and look for next weeks ...
"The 'swag' in the bag" blog

Have a great weekend all and for those peeps up in the snowy areas ...stay warm my friends!!



No comments: