Sunday, April 12, 2015

My passion vine has Fruited


Well, isn't that the cutest little thing :-)

I was out on my back patio and while the dog was looking for lizards to chase I noticed these things hanging from my passion vine.

I moved in for a closer look and found three little pods on the vine. So what do I do ... I went to the screen door to the house and called in to my husband. "Hey, there's little pod like things on the passion vine."
His answer... "Yeah?"
Of course it was during a March Madness game so that's about all I got from him LOL.

So the next day while home from the day job for lunch I Googled passion vine pods. I didn't like what I found so I went to YouTube and did the same and whoa and behold, they are the 'fruit' of the vine.

https://youtu.be/9ETN0g6IFM8

I was like really!! I've grown passion fruit!! How cool can that be.
My son's like, we can eat those.
I'm like, I guess so.
He's like. When?
I'm like. Good question.
AND...I still have no idea.
One of the workers from another site at my day job says he has them growing in his backyard to and they are good to eat. So I guess I'm going to have to call him tomorrow and ask how to tell when these things are ripe.



So we went from Buds to Flowers to Fruits!! I'm so excited.


And even more exciting news -- 

Releasing May 2015...
The 2 in 1 Other Kin release - Books, 1 and 2

Cover art next week 

No comments: