Sunday, June 14, 2015

Card Games


So I'm not really a big board game person. Hence we had Monopoly in the house when my son was younger and that's it.

One of my grandmothers friends made from wood a game almost like Sorry, but instead of the dice push thing in the middle you use a deck of cards. 
We used to play that every night (good for the brain) until we moved and now it's in a box somewhere, along with my Uno. I love that game.

So my son watches Wil Wheaton's Table Top. (You know Wil Wheaton - Wesley Crusher from Star Trek the Next Generation)
It's actually pretty good LOL. I've watched a few myself.

So the man son of mine comes out (He's not a man child anymore as he's past 18) and says 'mom, new game, it's easy to play, you don't have to memorize any rules, they always change.'
I'm like yeah, yeah right, sure. As I take my time after dinner to prolong the enviable of sitting down to play a game.

'He' clears the table, wipes it down and brings out this box (See pic above) I'm like, ok, Star Fluxx, what in the heck??

I have to say, it was fun!! It's a mix between three to four Sci-Fi shows I grew up watching and he was right...there are NO rules, except for the rule / goal that's down and that can change with a turn. 
We played two more games and they went pretty quick, the first one was about thirty minutes, the second about fifteen.

From what I understand there are a lot of different Fluxx games out there some with themes like Star Fluxx.

Here's the Table Top YouTube video I watched so I knew what in the heck I was doing...somewhat 
LOL. 
NOTE : They are adults playing so there are some cuss words parents may not like for under age kids. But hey, you're on my blog, so you shouldn't be here if you're under age anyway! HA!




No comments: