Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Strawberry Shortcake


Strawberry Shortcake is one of my all time favorite summer desserts. 
When pregnant it was strawberry season and lets just say, it's a good thing I had my son when I did or else I probably would have gained 100 pounds from strawberry shortcake alone 

I'm picky on my biscuits or cake that is used. If it's a biscuit, it had better be the best biscuit I've had. I find most dry and I'm not thrilled with that, yet I can't stand those yellow fill cake shells they sell in the store either.

My son makes this delicious white cake, it's moist, yet a bit dense to stand up to the strawberries.
As I have to have mine pureed and then strained to remove the seeds. I love the puree all over the cake with fresh homemade whipped topping.
YUM!!

My kid loves me lol as he'll stand there, puree and strain the strawberries, then make the whipped cream!

Eat well and Stay Spicy!!

C  ~

No comments: