Sunday, December 17, 2017

Book Spotlight & Guest Blogger - A Celtic Heart by: Joseph Scott



A collection of nature themed poetry and prose by Joseph W. Scott. It has a "New Age" feel for an old world tradition of reverence and passion for our environment. A resident of Massachusetts, Joseph W. Scott has published three books of poetry, from which many of these works have been selected, and was nominated for Amateur Poet of the Year in 2003 by the American Poetry Society. A small percent of the proceeds from this book will go toward protecting our wildlife and their habitat.


Good Morning Joseph and welcome to my blog. Can you tell us a little more about yourself?

I grew up on a small farm in Massachusetts.  I am a Veteran of both the Army and the Air Force.  I currently work as an Avionics Technician for the United States Air Force.  Avionics is what we call all the electronic fight systems in an aircraft.  

I studied wildlife and forestry conservation and volunteer for The National Audubon society in trail clean ups.  I’ve been married to my wife Heather for a little more than 15 years and have three children.

That's awesome!! Thank you so much for your service of this great country and continued service in Avionics!

For my readers who are saying, hey you're both from Massachusetts. Yes, Joe and I know each other. We attended the same technical high school and were in the same trade. Electronics. 

Back to A Celtic Heart. Joseph, can you tell us a little more about your book and your inspiration behind the making of it.  

“A Celtic Heart” is a combination of my first three books:  Shades of Summers Past, The Forest Through, and The Romance and the Tragedies. 

I do not want to say it is a “best of” but more a Celtic oriented themed book of me.  I wanted something that summed me up; the essence of my work.  

I am very happy with the result.  It is all three rolled into one: Memories and a nature loving romantic.  

Three is a magic number they say.  It has been my number since, well, as long as I can remember; maybe because I am the third child in my family.  I have worn that number since I was a child in all the sports teams I have played for so I felt it was fitting to roll the three books into one.

I am inspired by the natural world.  The wilderness, the oceans, the mountains, just everything about the Earth is awe-inspiring.  

I find my muse along a brook in the middle of the woods or on the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean.  I humble myself before the majesty of nature and in the process I find myself.  I’m not sure if it’s my “Scots-Irish” blood that draws me to the traditions of the Celts but in my book “A Celtic Heart”, it was my intent to try and pass along some of that tradition while also helping others to maybe find their own peace.

That is truly inspiring!! Joseph, thank you so much for blogging with me today!! Before you go, can you tell the readers, What is your favorite place to write? On Earth and Off 😊

There is a spot in the woods near where I grew up.  Three fields and a small wooded patch where a brook runs and that makes the most amazing sounds.  There is a crab-apple tree in the middle of one of the fields that is enormous and if you read my book, well there you are.  Many of my poems are from that spot.  

“Off Earth,” the moon.

Cool Beans!! Again, Joe thanks for stopping by!! Say hi to Heather and the kids for me, stay warm up there and Merry Christmas!!







Read Lots and Stay Spicy
C ~
💋





No comments: