Sunday, January 26, 2014

Oculus Rift - Virtual Reality


OK, have you guys seen this?? 

My husband comes to me and starts talking about Oculus Rift, I'm like what are you talking about?? 
My son comes out and picks right up with my husband ... as I'm sitting there listening to the both of them with a 'duhhh' look on my face. LOL.

Apparently, Oculus Rift is going to be the BIGGEST thing in gaming since gaming started. It started out as a kick start company and flew from there. (YAY to them!!) 
It's coming out this summer and has been sweeping all conventions.
OK, from what I understand it's virtual reality, where you use both the head set and the controller for the game. You still have the PC or gaming console you use.
My hubby says, if Sony and Microsoft want to stay in the game, they better be engineering their own version, and it will probably be about $500, which he says isn't bad at all. I say, can we buy stocks. 
But I am hoping secretly that it's easier to play than the controller only used XBox 360 and Play Station. 
HEY, I'm an Atari child and I cannot get the rhythm of moving two to three or more sticks, buttons or what ever to make my guy move! The last time I played a non Atari game, it was the Star Wars Lego's where my son would play Chewie and rip my arms off and laugh. 
I tried playing Gears of War or what ever it's called, but I couldn't even get my guy to walk in a straight line LOL. So ends C's hand at playing the newer games.
So kudo's to these guys!! I know Oculus Rift will be in this household with my two game players, hopefully I'll be able to master it as well :-)

Have a great Sunday!!

No comments: