Sunday, April 13, 2014

Writing Inspiration - Passion Flower Vine


My husband and I were strolling down the gardening aisles of Lowe's and he maneuvered me over to the section with the vines and shrubs, saying I have to check out these vines, they'd be awesome for our trellis.
So as I follow him glancing here and there at the different blooms, thinking okay, I'll let him show me, but I'm really not enthused, because he wants to replace my choice of flowering vine for our trellis. He stops and points, saying, honey I really like this one.

I look over, my eyes widen as I take a step forward. I LIKE IT.

As he's talking about it's self climbing, we don't have to train it to go up, I'm thinking, this is the coolest looking flower I've seen in a long time. Leaning over I smell it, then rub the petals gently between my fingers. I turn to look at him with a smile.
I like it.
He smiles, really? let's get it.
O.K. 
as  he's loading two onto our cart, I start...
that looks so sci-fi to me, I love it and the color (purple is one of my favs). My eyes go wide and I smile, I know exactly which book I want to put this in.
He looks at me and smiles.
I start blabbing all the way around Lowe's gardening center, through check out and into the car.
My husband finally turns to look at me and says...you're a chatty little thing today.
I'm like I know right  See what happens when you inspire the writer in me. 


So there is where one of my writing inspirations came from. 
The Passion Flower Vine .

Passiflora, known also as the passion flowers or passion vines, is a genus of about 500 species of flowering plants, the namesakes of the familyPassifloraceae. They are mostly vines, with some being shrubs, and a few species being herbaceous. For information about the fruit of the passiflora plant, see passionfruit. The monotypic genus Hollrungia seems to be inseparable from Passiflora, but further study is needed.

No comments: