Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Loss

I weep this day for we have lost a member of our family.

Last night at 7:23, our beloved Pug Beaudunk passed away.

I am thankful that we were there with him as he took his last breaths from this world to the next. He knew he wasn't alone in his last moments and was surrounded by those who loved him.

He would have been 15 years old January 22, 2009. So a full and happy life he has led.

He was my first child, my son's older brother, and our little one eyed leg lifter. For you see, he lost one eye during his youthful escapades, and well, lifted his leg and pee'd on my dad's leg.

When I first held him, he fit onto the palm of my hand. When I last held him, his little head lay onto the palm of my hand.

He was and always will be my little baby.

Today he will be cremated and continue to reside with us. Later, he will meet us as we come to him.
We Love you Beau

4 comments:

Unknown said...

*HUGS* I'm so, so sorry. You have my deepest sympathies. :(

Author C. A. Salo said...

Thanks Adrianne!!

Julie Robinson said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your losing Beau. I am crying with you. Big hug to you.

LIke you, my first baby was my cat, Mr. Data, who then became "big brother" to my son when he was born. I was blessed to have him for 10 years before he died of kidney failure in my arms. That was Jan 25 of 2000. We now have 3 cats, but none are special like he was to me. I have a little grave for him in the back yard and planted a magnolia tree next to it.

At the time, I told my son that Data was now an angel watching over us. Julie

Author C. A. Salo said...

Thank you Julie! Your words mean a lot! I'm sorry about Mr. Data.