Sunday, January 24, 2010

Restarting an Entire Manuscript


Yah, wow, I'm doing it now. I had wrote a story that's been sitting on my good old computer for about three years now and one of my publishers is opening a new line. AWESOME I thought, my story meets that!!

But, one little issue...the story just wasn't strong enough in the reality zone and well it has to be, because this one is present day here and now read, no Sci-Fi or futuristic worlds to build. I had some wonderful feedback on how to make the book better, so that's what I'm doing now. As soon as I read the "New Line guidelines" I started DECONSTRUCTING the story.

Nothing like waiting three years to start a story over :-)

This is one area where I love technology and computers, COPY & PASTE people, copy and paste!!

At this point I'm not finding it hard to rewrite the plot line, I'm just going with the flow. I'm a panster writer. If I plot, it's all in the head and then onto the computer screen.

I am figuring on hitting a bump or several somewhere along the line of reformatting this read and hopefully will be able to pull through it with barely any frustration levels, but we all know how that goes :-)

So has any writer out there torn down one of their stories and started from new before? Any suggestions or ideas?

It's like writing a whole new story to me and exciting!! Plus I don't have to come up with the characters names again, LOL, that's usually the hardest part for me, LOL.


No comments: