Sunday, November 25, 2012

"Face Book Friend" What is it??

Ok, so Face Book. We all connect to be out there and meet up with "friends" but what is a "Face Book Friend" to you??

For my author account I have it open to the public. Anyone over the age of 18 can be my friend if they ask, and yes, I do go to their page to "try" and make sure they are 18+. Not that it works all the time because you can only go by what the person has put on their page. Most of my posts are tame although I am an Erotic Romance Author. :-)

Now my personal page is a different matter altogether. I don't allow anyone I don't personally know or want to know my business on as a friend. I love liking or posting to friends comments that I went to high school with and haven't seen in years. Face Book is a great tool to keep people in touch. But just because they may be the friend of my niece, doesn't mean I'm going to friend them if they ask. Nope, I turn them away. If I don't know you or was friendly with you before, why would I friend you? You have no business in my personal stuff. Not that I post wildly about my life (because I don't) LOL.

I'll even un-friend friends and family if they aren't active. Why are you on my friends list, if you aren't going to be friendly?? 

Now, I know I have several that are just not computer people and if they get on their accounts once every three to six months you're lucky, and I pretty much know who they are and they can stay.

But when you friend me and don't bother replying to my posts on my page or the ones I post on yours...again, why did you friend me?
I'll let it go for about six months and then if there is still no activity, family or not ...You're Gone.
Have I really done this you ask, have I un-friended family members?? 
                     Answer ...Why yes I have.  

 And if someone starts getting negative all the time or nasty (That hasn't happened yet) I'll un-friend them. I don't allow negativity or drama in my life and will get rid of any form of it. Family or not, friend or not. It's not worth my peace, to listen (or read) someone being negative about everything or causing so much drama in their own life it tries to ooze into everyone elses.

So what is a "Face Book Friend" to you?? Do you allow just anyone on, just because or are you mindful of your friends?

Do you have seperate accounts for personal in circle family and friends and one to just roam the "Face Book" people lists and invite people you think are "interesting"?? 

Well what ever you have, good for you, It's your decision and if it works for you then hey, you're an adult. ;-p

Happy Reading to all you awesomes out there and have a great Sunday!!

C~  

** Picture used with permission by Mircosoft - under their Clip Art Gallery rules.

No comments: