Sunday, February 9, 2014

Florida cold and The Winter Olympics 2014


I know the weather up North’s been frightful and no where has been delightful during this winter season, or at least that’s what the news is saying.

Some of my friends in New England are crossing their fingers for Spring or at least snow on a day off so they don’t have to leave an hour earlier to get to work.

Florida has been up and down and it’s really killing my sinus’. One day it’s 54 and balmy, the next it’s 44 and raw. Pollen high, Pollen low “Grrrrrr Arrrrrrrg” Fog every where.

I want to wrap my hands around weathers neck and shake, like Homer does to Bart and say. “Make up your damn mind all ready!”

We’ve even had more than several nights of hard freezes. You know 22 degrees at 11 PM and it has no where to go but down and they don’t call it off until 9 the next morning. I keep asking myself.   “Am I in Massachusetts again?”  Oh wait – NOT.

(Sarcasm) Yes, welcome to Florida.  Hi there, how ya doing. Oranges are lovely, grapefruits, Mmmmm. Warm, hmmmm not right now, It’s not sunshine and smiles all the time. 

I took a picture on my way to work one morning with the frost on the grass along the roadside, not sure how well you’ll be able to tell, but it’s white and not green. LOL.



The good news is we finally received a bunch of rain in area. YES, thank you!! Although driving in it yesterday was a pain in the butt!!


So I say to my friends up North – take your cold weather back. LOL, I really don’t want to pull out my cold weather gear.

And how about those Winter Olympics going on in Sochi!! I was at my grandmother's house yesterday and we started watching them. The Men's Snow Boarding came on, can I say Holy Crap Guys!!
You guys are awesome!! GO USA!!!!

My favorite is the ice skating, both singles and couples. I remember my Auntie had it on every winter Olympics and I'd sit on the couch with her and watch. Smart enough, 'not' to try it out on the ice 

No comments: