Sunday, February 23, 2014

Organization Idea

I'm good at it and not so good at it. My desk is a bit messy (in some areas). 

I like my keyboard area and my mouse area free of clutter so I can move around without hitting anything. I like the top of my desk right in front of my keyboard free so I can set my notes down on the manuscript I'm working on and have my info at hand quickly if needed. 

Now the top shelf also holds file organizers, Story outlines, my inspiration note book, my name notebook (if I hear a name I like I write it down before I forget) my main level has my Wonder Woman Key chain, Little Mermaid figurine, my Darth Vader head, my Soul Candy bunny (Bleach), a few rubber duckies, all my Valentine's goodies from the time my husband & I started dating :-) sticky notes and more assorted good stuff :-) 

For every manuscript I write, I put the information (the breakdown of the ms, characters, likes, dislikes, setting,  ECT...) in a see through 2 pocket folder and those go in my cabinet. (I need a bigger cabinet) 

I've read and watched the home shows on how to organize better and yeah, some of it works and some really doesn't, not for me anyway. What I do like are the cork boards. I can hang several on one wall to plot out a story line and characters at the same time. I found an article over at Martha Stewart. I love Martha Stewart! She has such great ideas!! 
This is the Martha Stewart DIY corkboard. What drew my attention to this particular creation, is that it can be a different color to match my decor rather than the corky brown. Don't get me wrong, corky brown is good, but I want something that's going to -- jive, I guess with the rest of my color scheme (which I'm still working on) -- AND if you look closely ... this cork board idea is on  a door. I could soooo put this on the back of my office door, talk about multi-purposing the back of which no one ever sees!! Except me sitting at my desk!! LOVE IT!!

I finally have my own office, so I can hang organizational products on the wall and decorate the way I want. The only thing is ...
I'm not decor savvy enough to tie it all in together and make it look 'right' :-) That just is not one of my strong suits.


Well when I say my own ... I really share it with my son. This is where he does his home school work while I'm at the day job, and where he watches Hulu and his pod casts from Rooster Teeth, I love these guys! they are so funny!!  So my keyboard and mouse get changed everyday. He's a lefty, I'm a righty LOL.
I need to get that kid his own desk top. 

No comments: