Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Working hard for my money


I was thinking that the blog I'm writing has nothing to do with 'writing', but then I thought, yes it does. It was my hard-earned money, and that money came from me writing.


So this is what happened. We all know the economy sucks big right now. It's hard for everyone in one way or another.

Well, my son and I were in the grocery store picking some goodies up for a home school adventure day. That's what we call going on a field trip, because it's so much more…it's really an Adventure!!

Anywho, as we're standing in line I handed the boy three bucks. Well boys being boys, he dropped it when some magazine model wearing a bikini caught his interest, LOL. He's 12.
Well I saw him bend down to gather his lost currency, not realizing that he hadn't gotten all of it. (But the girl behind him sure as hell did)

So on our way out, I looked at him and asked where the change was. "It was only $2 mom," I said yeah so where's the other dollar? He looked at me like I had three heads, and told me I'd only given him $2. So pulled him back into the store I did, and right to the register. I go in there ALL the time, so a lot of the clerks know me. And when she smiled at me I asked if she'd seen the dollar my son dropped, because he had $3.

That's when, people…this 19 -22 year old ( old enough to know better) that was behind us says, 'Oh this." As she's pulling it out of her pocket.
I said yes, thank you, as I'm thinking, "you b*tch, you knew he dropped it," hopefully my "look" was the same one her mother gave her when she got in trouble.

But obviously it didn't work, because the little *$&?" !~&*^%, didn't have enough manners, morals or just plain honesty to give it back to its owner.

What in the hell is wrong with people today? You see someone drop something and pick it up quickly shoving it in your pocket????

The day my son did that would be the day I whipped his a$$ red all the way home!! I don't give a damn how old he is! That's stealing, and it's something this mom WILL NOT put up with, even when I'm 80!! You know what – He knows it, (Not that the above (whipping of the red butt) has ever happened, because it hasn't)

So I'm happy to say, at least I know I've done right by raising my son to be honest!

Obviously her mother should have followed that theory.

On a side note…the clerk at the register…yeah she saw the whole thing, so I'm pretty sure she'll remember that girl's face the next time she sees her in the store.

Karma sweetheart, Karma!!

Hope you folks have a great day!! It's gorgous in my part of FL right now!!

C~

No comments: