Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday Blogging is now about...

Ok, so not sure if you know this, but I am a horrible blogger. 

Yes, a horrible blogger, so besides blogging about my books, I try to pick interesting topics. I've also gone from blogging one day a week to three days a week. 
Sunday, Wednesday & Friday.
Sundays I try to keep geared toward my writing as I also blog over at The Nice & Naughty Authors Blog.
Fridays I've made into Fun Drink Friday so what to do with Wednesday to keep me on track...

I've always had an interest in herbalism and practiced it quite extensively when I lived in Massachusetts. I grew up with my mother and her herb gardens along with a wonderful place in Mason, New Hampshire called The Pickity Place. LOVE THEM (and their Raspberry Orange Tea)!!
I had a garden and plenty of space. Since moving around, I haven't been so lucky. Herbs in pots just ... I don't know *sigh* and using dried herbs for everything, it's just not the same.
BUT, with the building of our new house, I will have an area so I can once again grow my herbs, veggies and anything I like to cook with or can use for other purposes. *YAY*

So, I think on Wednesdays I'm going to blog about herbs and spices. There's plenty to chose from world wide and it's something I enjoy, so why not right?? 

Let's start off with, Cat Nip. An easy peesy little herb. I bet you're thinking WTF is she talking about?? Cat Nip is for cats. Right??

WRONG.

Cat Nip can be used for plenty of other things beside getting your kitty feeling good. 

And sometimes it doesn't affect them. 

Now some people have said they feel a slight 'numbing' affect from Cat Nip, but I personally have never had this feeling or any of my family that I'm aware of. Then again, I always use it with other herbs and in small quantities.

BUT, always keep in mind that no matter what you use, herbs, spices or pharmaceutical drugs, everyone is different so everyone will have a different reaction to the item in question.
I'm not a doctor nor do I ever claim to be (unless it's a hero or heroine in one of my books - which is FANTASY), so keep in mind, that you should always check with your physician before trying something new.

Cat Nip can be used in teas with other herbs for colds. That's how I've always used the leaves, right beside my Chamomile, Spearmint, Rose Hips and other goodies.

Cat Nip has been known to help with: Sleep, relaxation, and stress reduction, and is used as a culinary herb for many dishes.

For more information try these sites:





No comments: