Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pirating sites...


OK, so why do people think it's alright to steal??

e-Book theft is a BIG problem I wish they would do something about.

It's like walking into a grocery store and walking out with an apple without paying for it. 
SAME CONCEPT.

YES, putting an authors book(s) up on a site after you read it for anyone in the world to download or read for free is WRONG OF YOU TO DO!

We authors, our publishers, editors, cover artist and everyone in between work hard to put books out there.

When someone downloads a book for FREE instead of buying it,  it's called...STEALING, anyway you want to look at it. 

(If you're looking for FREE books, to download legally-read to the bottom)

Here's an example for you... pirating people.

You go to work, work your 8 hours.
You go to get your money for your hard days work and the boss tells you...What, you want to be paid for your work? HA, what are you kidding, we're like one of those pirating sites, we take your work and you get nothing for it.
OR
Ever worked any overtime, been promised mileage or get an 'oh go ahead and buy that',we'll pay you. AND they don't...

HOW would you feel??
Angry, pissed, furious...

WELL guess what ... That's how we feel when someone pirates our hard work.
Not to mention the copyright infringements and legal stuff.

Why am I sooooo ticked????

I'll tell you. I had to send legal notification of copyright infringements to TWO sites in the matter of ten minutes!!
AND I know there are many more out there. (sad)

I have to feed my family too you know! And people who download my books from a pirating site, is STEALING food, clothing, and educational experiences from MY child! 


Now there are some awesome publishers who GIVE books away for FREE at Amazon, and Barnes & Noble as promotional tools. 

I have a NOOK and I receive several publisher newsletters and emails about FREE books being given away. 

So I go on my NOOK and if I like the blurb and the book... 
YES, I'll download, BECAUSE IT'S BEING GIVEN AWAY FOR A FREE PROMOTION BY THE PUBLISHER!

See the difference??

PLEASE see the difference and END these pirating sites.

Many hugs
C~

No comments: